Cutting Edge Science, Without Genetic Modification
Scientists have employed tissue culture methods in plant propagation since the beginning of the 20th century. The process involves taking a cutting from a parent plant and putting it in a solution that encourages growth. The resulting plants are identical to the parent plant.
Booshoot has taken this rudimentary science to a new level through its proprietary Provitro™ technology. Our technology does not genetically modify organisms and offers many advantages over more traditional propagation methods.
- Plant production on a large commercial scale
- Reduced risk of disease, pests and pathogens
- The ability to produce plants such as bamboo that are difficult to propagate using more traditional methods like seeds
- An opportunity to reproduce plants with particularly desirable characteristics such as vigor and growth rate
- The ability to produce mature plants in a shorter amount of time